Saturday, May 24, 2014

"I see through your scamoflauge"

Alright. The hardest part of making artwork is having to explain the idea and intention behind it. So I'm just gonna be really fucking honest here:
1. I love hip-hop. I love the way it sounds, I feel the beat of it in my stomach and its almost impossible to not move to it when a good song comes on. This is a reference to SOME hip hop song and I don't even know who said it first. But its repeated over and over again in hip hop culture, so when I sit in my studio for 6 hours a day, 6 days a week these are the subliminal messages that are fed to me when I have on the music I really want to listen to. 
2. 6 years after being in a committed and monogamous relationship I made the decision that I needed to find me again. Finding me means that I have to explore the uncharted waters of casual dating, which is probably the weirdest learning experience of my life so far. My heart has been shit on a few times, and it's been cuuuhhh-razy hard to try to not apply past hurts to present relationships. So instead of over-thinking everything I make passive-aggressive art work thats mediocre at best. Here goes back to that thought from one of my former posts, "Sometimes I get the impression that I don't finish the things I have the most trouble facing"
$30 plus $5 S&H

No comments:

Post a Comment