Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Daria (A Commission)

Do you mind if I commiserate for a second?
Cool, thank you. 
The studio space I rent, I share with four other people. The rooms are divided by a partition with a shared bathroom in the middle. This means when Candy farts, I can smell it. When Chris plays the drums, I can hear it. When I scream Drake at the top of my lungs, everyone can hear it. We just got someone new to rent out the largest space and I think he's living there. I also think he smokes cigarettes inside, because everytime I walk in the place reeks of butts and stale booze-breath. You know what I'm talking about...when your friend gets too drunk and falls asleep with their mouth open- the whole rooms smells like hot booze breath. Needless to say, its been an exercise of patience to continue to bring myself to go and breathe this in until the work is done for the day. I've called the rental company three separate times about it, so I'm not sure what more I can do. The paper needs to be cut, though, so I bare through it. 

With all that being said, Thanks to Hannah for giving me the idea to make such a rad paper cut out. The cigarette smell was giving me a mental block I didn't think was possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment