Sunday, May 25, 2014

A commission! It's like... my second or third commission!!!!

As a working artist, I imagine that commissions might be a difficult thing to deal with. The client has a vision, the artist has to interpret the vision and its our job to get it just right as per their idea. I can imagine that this could be a really trying thing to deal with, but my friends are fucking awesome and have (so far) given me the creative freedom to run with a loose idea. 

My friend Brandon and I just love Drake. I've gotten three people ask me to cut Drake out of paper for them, but Brandon seemed the most serious about it, so I took his order on first. Those Fleur de lis kept breaking on me in the middle of the cuts, and the shading on his face will look much better on my next Drake piece.

Always learning, always gaining 


No comments:

Post a Comment